Enforcement Technology Testing
On behalf of the Home Office, Road Safety Support is responsible for testing the reliability and accuracy of new road traffic enforcement technologies that are in the Type Approval process.
This respected position puts us at the heart of enforcement technology development in the UK and our team of testers are among the most skilled and experienced in the world in this field.
Home Office Type Approval (HOTA) is recognised as one of the world's most stringent standards. All speed and red-light cameras must receive HOTA before evidence from them can be admissible by certification in the UK courts.
Road Safety Support can provide:
- First-class facilities at a dedicated test track
- Testing of the following traffic technologies:
- Radar speedmeters fixed and hand-held Laser speedmeters, with and without camera attachments
- Red-light enforcement systems
- Railway crossing enforcement cameras
- Close-following/tailgating systems
- Average speedmeters - point-to-point and distributed
- Testing at speeds of up to 186mph (300kph)
- Design, conduct and analysis of tests
- Confidence testing of installed enforcement technology
For more information about our enforcement technology testing services please complete our contact form